Sunday, June 24, 2012

The yellow rocking chair resides on my front porch each summer. This summer it is my spot to sit and watch the Martin babies learn to fly. Learning to fly for a bird is sort of like learning to walk for us.

The baby is pushed out of the nest and flies or soars to the ground...or falls. I haven't seen any injured, though. We've watched several birds hop around the yard, climb the dogwood trees or the small oak tree, only to flop out of said tree and start climbing again. It takes each baby the better part of the day to really get airborne. I am really getting into this bird watching. I think I'd even enjoy a bird-watcher's vacation sometime in the future!

The yellow rocking chair is also my spot to sit and read or chat on the phone. I think I may even break green beans out there...if it isn't too HOT! 91* yesterday...or 93*, not sure. Humid as well.

I also watch traffic from my yellow rocking chair. Friday afternoon I counted 17 motorcycles going north. I'm not sure I saw the first one, so there could have been more. It was an awesome sight and I wanted to be with them! I'm trying to talk Rod into getting a trike for us so it wouldn't be quite so much work for him...since he is getting into his dotage. ;)

Thank You, Jesus, for the yellow rocking chair and all You have allowed me to observe and enjoy from that relaxing spot on our front porch. Please remind me to ever praise You! I love You, Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment