Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Denise

Today is a sad, sad day. Denise, my long-time friend and neighbor, died this morning around 3:00. The docs aren't sure if she had a cardiac episode (heart attack), threw a clot (blood was seen in her brain) from the surgery to fuse some discs in her neck back in May, or mixed some of her pain meds and other meds that shouldn't have been mixed. It was a long, emotional day yesterday with most of the day spent in prayer followed by an early morning (1:20 a.m.) phone call to return to the hospital because the doctors could do no more for her. Her blood pressure kept dropping and they had her on the max amount of drugs they could pump into her body to try to keep her here. It was just her day to fly. I'm praying for her brother and nephew...the only two left from her immediate family.

I have so many wonderful memories of growing up together in the "Abilene" community. Denise is the second very close friend I've lost from my childhood. I don't want to do this again! :*(

2 comments:

  1. I'm so sorry you lost your friend today. It is the hardest thing in the world to lose people you love. I lost my sister, mom, and dad all within 2 years and then we lost a son in a car accident. It is especially hard when you didn't get to say goodbye. Some things we just leave on the shelf to try and understand later in our lives, I guess. :( Sending hugs your way. I also teach 2nd grade.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for your kind comments. I am sorry you lost so many people within those 2 years. It is really hard to lose even one, I can't imagine losing your parents and your sister so close together. Denise's nephew lost his mom, his grandma (paternal), his uncle (mom's brother), his grandpa (maternal), his great uncle with whom he was pretty close, and now his aunt (who treated him as her son because she had no children) within 5 1/2 years. He is only 23...will be 24 in September. He is such a godly young man to have gone through all that! Thanks again for your sweet note.
      Melly

      Delete