Today my darling hubby is the big 5-0. He didn't want a big party...even though I did! :/ Ah well, he's happy. That's what counts. He went to change an aunt's (one of mine!) mower blade this morning. She asked him to paint her ceiling, so he did that before he left...and told her it was his 50th birthday as he started to leave!
My mom made his dinner tonight (she does that for all of us), and we had cake and ice cream. Now he's watching a ballgame. This day was anti-climactic to me. I wanted to have him a big surprise party on the hill and grill out. He nixed the idea of a party when I spoke of it, so I didn't think he'd appreciate me surprising him. He doesn't like crowds. Opposites really do attract...I love people! I tried to take him to Mayberry last year for his birthday (we were going a month late), but he refused to go anywhere if I didn't tell him where we were going. When I told him, I had to cancel the reservations because he didn't want to spend the money. Doggone it!
While we were at my parents' house, I printed out some stuff from school that I needed. So, I feel like I accomplished some stuff while having fun! :)
Rod has lost about 77 pounds in preparation for this birthday. He says 67, but I know what the scales said the last time he weighed before he lost all the weight. I hope I can lose 77 pounds before my 50th birthday in 20 months. That would be 3.85 pounds per month...I think I can do that! So, that's my new goal! :)

No comments:
Post a Comment