I am really, really tired. I spent several evening last week working on completing the 2012 Instructional Pacing Guide for my second grade class, team, and my school. I finished it around 7:00 Thursday night and feel like a load has been lifted off my shoulders. It feels really good! The thing is, I wanted to do this because I knew it would support me in being the best teacher I can be this year. My students are doing well with learning the routine, procedures, expectations of our class. They seem relieved to have the structure and expectations along with the freedom to choose their own books. The Book Whisperer is a must for every teacher who ever teaches Reading!
I must throw out excess stuff. Even though I cleaned drastically the first 2 weeks of summer, I know I can cull more. It's a work in process. The plan is to finish all that in the classroom by September 30, and start on the same process at home! It reminds me of the song, "Little is much, when God is in it!" He is definitely in what I am doing right now and I praise Him for leading me by the hand! My life is for His Glory! Hallelujah!
PS Maybe I'll just make my it a goal to have a yard sale the third weekend in October...just maybe!
No comments:
Post a Comment